Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blogging in Physical Education

The upcoming school year will bring about many changes for me. I have taught high school social studies for 14 years. This year I will be teaching physical education in an elementary school. I plan on using blogging in my class as a resource for students, staff, and parents. I hope to provide blogs on nutrition, health, state standards, rules, and current events. I will definitely be learning as I go because the content area of my subject as well as blogging are both new to me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a big change. I too will be making a change from elementary to middle school. A lot of colleagues have been saying that it will be terrible, but I don't think so because I will be going up with my students from this past school year. That is a great blog idea. I don't think my parents would even look at a blog site, because they rarely participate in anything. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy-

    Will a majority of this information be links to existing websites? If you had to type this all...it might get to be too much!
    Maybe some of your responsible, tech-savy students would volunteer to write a short student introduction for each of these bodies of information explaining why someone would want to know about it.

    ReplyDelete